Using the Buffer App for Content Curation
Buffer claims to be "the easiest way to publish on social media" and they do have a solid system to back up that claim. In a nutshell, Buffer finds articles, pictures, videos, and more, that are similar to the interests of you or your audience. You choose which articles to share and which social networks to share to.
Buffer has a very slick user experience on a computer and equally good apps for Android and Apple devices. The usability on other mobile devices is not quite as seamless, but is still easy enough to use.
Social Network Support
Buffer currently is capable of connecting to the following social networks:
- Facebook Profiles
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Groups
- LinkedIn Profiles
- LinkedIn Pages
- Google+ Pages
Buffer Also Has Three Integrated Link Shortening Services for Click Tracking.
Buffer offers multiple service levels including a robust free option.
- Connect up to 4 social accounts
- Queue up to 10 posts per social account
- Schedule posts
- Everything in free plan
- Connect up to 10 social accounts
- Queue up to 100 posts per social account
- Connect up to 15 RSS feeds
- As low as $102/yr or $10/mo
Small Business Plan
- Everything in awesome plan
- Connect up to 25 social accounts
- Up to 5 team members
- Detailed analytics
- 2 step login for higher security
- Everything in small business plan
- Connect up to 100 social accounts
- Up to 10 team members
- Everything in business plan
- Connect up to 250 social accounts
- Up to 25 team members
In conclusion, although Buffer is not the be all end all of social media productivity tools, it does a very good job at curating content. If you are getting started in social media and are not sure what to post about, take the free plan for a spin and find out what Buffer can do for you. I don't think you will be disappointed.
*EDITOR NOTE: Buffer no longer offers free plans.
Posted on Tue, October 21, 2014
by Jonathan Kervin