Wondering how to run Java on your Chromebook? Unfortunately Google has chosen not to support Java on the Chromebook at this time. However, should you need to use Java on an infrequent basis, the Chromebook can still be a good choice for you, thanks to an app available in the web store that allows you to run Java on a third party machine through your browser.
Follow the steps below to get started.
- Open the Google Chrome Web Store
- Install the Cloud Internet Explorer App by Ericom
- Confirm the App Installation
- Launch Cloud Internet Explorer
- Use Internet Explorer from Within the Chrome Browser with the App to Run Java
Open the Google Chrome Web Store
Install the Cloud Internet Explorer App by Ericom
Confirm the App Installation
Launch Cloud Internet Explorer
Use Internet Explorer from Within the Chrome Browser with the App to Run Java
Posted on Tue, February 24, 2015
by Jonathan Kervin filed under